Why bother with a Marketing Strategy?
9th April 2010
When it comes to marketing many businesses want to rush straight in; they have lots of ideas, 20 different marketing channels and they want to pursue it all… now!
By spending some time writing a Marketing Strategy up front you can:
- Provide a rationale for what marketing channels your business should pursue based on which will provide the best ROI in the short and long term
- Think through your competition and how your business is positioned
- Gain an understanding of your target market, segmenting it where appropriate
- Develop an annual month-by-month plan allowing you to spend the rest of the year executing the marketing, rather than deciding quite what to do next
- Bring people involved in marketing together
- Use the findings to propose a marketing budget
- Determine the marketing that will get you quicker results vs marketing that will take longer but in time will deliver a greater ROI (for example Google Google Ads vs SEO)
- Plan your campaigns so they are relevant to the time of year and not rushed with last minute ideas
What should you put in your strategy?
If you want a Marketing Strategy but don’t have the time, resource or know how to write it yourself we may be able to help. Call us on +44 (0)330 223 2770 or email us.