7 elements to split test on your SaaS website
23rd October 2014
The website is the marketing hub of a SaaS business, for many it’s their lead generation tool, for some it’s their only sales tool. It’s therefore essential your website has as high a conversion rate as it possibly can.
Split-testing your SaaS website is a great way to increase conversion rates; small incremental improvements can add up over time. What would doubling or trebling your conversion rate do for your SaaS business?
Here are 7 things you can split test on your SaaS website:
On the home page:
1. Headlines: Different tones of copy (fun vs professional) for example, or different messages. What messages gets the most engagement?
2. Call to actions. ‘Free Trial’ and ‘Book a Demo’ are popular however ‘Try it now’ converts better for a lot of our clients. Try different call to actions, and different variations. Does ‘Book a 30 minute demo’ convert better than just ‘Book demo’?
3. Call to action colours: Try your main call to action in different colours and see what gets the most clicks
4. Imagery: Does a screenshot work better, a picture of a person, an illustration or custom graphic?
On your conversion pages (for example free trial, book demo page):
5. Navigation vs. no navigation. Does navigation distract people or does the comfort of having it get more free trials?
6. Number of form fields: Data shows the fewer the better, but is that true for your SaaS website?
7. Copy on the page: Does long or short copy work better? Paragraphs or bullets? A testimonial or another social proof indicator for example having over 2,000 users?
When you get into split testing there is a lot that can be done, use these 7 ideas as a starter and see how the conversion rate of your website improves.
Grow your SaaS business with Xander Marketing
We’ve been working with SaaS companies for many years so we know how to market your web application effectively. If you require help to improve your website conversion rate or grow your online software solution call Xander Marketing today on +44 (0)330 223 2770 and find out how we can help, or request a free 30 minute marketing consultation.