One of the reasons Xander Marketing was established was because small business owners and SMEs can sometimes have a lack of understanding when it comes to marketing; many just don’t know what to do.
The problem is there is a lot of bad advice out there and business owners really need to be wary of this. In just the last 2 weeks in conversations with business owners we’ve heard the following:
- Using a website builder like Moonfruit means we’ll have a professional looking website
- A website company wants to sell me their custom built content management system
- The website builder I used has SEO built in so that’s taken care of
- We have to be on social media
- We’ve been told to put our sales message in an email and send it out to 10,000 people
Business owners believing these ‘so called experts’ should be wary…
- Just because it’s easy to build a website doesn’t make you a website designer
- Why waste money with a propriety content management system built by a few people that will cost a fortune compared to using a free open source system like WordPress (which over 20% of new websites are built on)?
- How can you optimise your website without using the keywords you are targeting in the right places on your website?
- Social media isn’t right for every business, and different platforms will work for different businesses
- Results show emails with great, free and relevant content work better than a sales message
We think small businesses need better; they need to stop being lied to and given bad advice. Xander Marketing can help with this because:
- We are a full service agency. An agency that only offers one service thinks their solution is the only solution, we’re not biased like that
- We give genuine, impartial, honest advice even if it means losing out on business
- Our marketing has yielded results for over 70 businesses
We offer a free one hour no obligation consultation so whether you want fresh ideas or to debunk myths from so called experts get in touch today.